Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wadi Making


This tasty snack is made by first soaking dahl (which is like dried beans or lentils) in water and then grinding them to make a paste. Chopped chilis, curry leaves, and salt is added to the mixture. Then fry in oil until dark brown. Yum!

I had been wanting to try making wadis the traditional way, by using a grinding stone to make the paste. You can check that out here. A friend taught me how to use the grinding stone and I'm really pleased with the result. Woo! It does takes a long time to do it properly. But well worth it. I can seriously appreciate having a blender in the future.

I was rather delighted to find this article in my inbox today: 10 Ways to Photograph Food . It provided me with the much needed inspiriation to complete my photography class homework.

1 comment:

Mikayla said...

You do make some pretty fine wadi, sister.